Bronwyn's Library Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Computers in libraries - delivering library services to the patron's doorstep

By Robert P. Rynkiewicz
By the time this article is published, I will have had yet another pleasant and stress-free holiday shopping experience. Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, I’ll have avoided the traffic jams and the maddening crowds at the mall in favor of the ease and comfort of shopping at home online. I save time, I can compare prices with just a few clicks of the mouse, and the products I purchase are delivered to my doorstep in a few days. And let’s not forget gift-wrapping either! It’s a wonderful thing that I can shop at thousands of Internet sites that serve millions of visitors 24 hours a day and not have to stand in long lines to purchase gifts. I want my library to be convenient and dynamic like this. I want to deliver services to my library users over the Internet and not require them to visit the physical building.

-->http://www.infotoday.com/cilmag/feb06/rynkiewicz.shtml

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home