Bronwyn's Library Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Novels in seventy word bytes

So many authors wrote, in the past, in instalments produced for the popular serials of the time. Undoubtedly it affected the style of writing. But now we have novels for the mobile phone. Thankyou to J.M. Tyree blogging for 3 Quarks Daily, for awakening me to a whole new phenomenon. How long will it last? As long as e-books read on the internet, I would guess. Personally I feel crosseyed at the thought of reading a novel on my mobile phone, but then ....I am mobile illiterate anyway. Many novels apparently have been written for cell phones. But this particular one, from China,"Out of the fortress" appeared on tens of thousands of phones on the day of its release. The Nrw York Times described it as a "marriage of haiku and Hemingway, twice daily in 70-character servings." A literary study crying for attention...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home